What Can Kindle Offer that Others Can’t?
Believe it or not, but the most successful of authors – regardless if they are writing fiction or non-fiction – will be the first one to tell you that the title of this e-book is NOT a lie. In fact, they will have no qualms with telling you that they wish it was a lie, but it is not.
You do not have to be a great writer to earn from writing e-books. And this guide will show you why and, more importantly, how you can do so.
Why Target E-books for Kindle?
Another thing you are probably wondering about is why you have to write an e-book for Kindle and not just for any e-book reader. Here are your answers, explained in cold hard facts and figures, which were provided in a 2010 news article with an interview of Jeff Bezos, CEO and founder of Amazon.
• Sales of Kindle units tripled since Amazon reduced its price to $189 from the original $259, which means more potential readers for your e-books
• Total sales of Kindle e-books tripled as well from the first 6 months of 2009 to the first 6 months of 2010; you can then safely assume that all those new Kindle owners are also actively buying e-books.
• Kindle sales have outpaced sales for hardcovers
• Amazon sells 143 Kindle e-books for every 100 hardcover prints sold
• If you narrow the research to a monthly timeframe, Amazon actually sells 183 Kindle-ebooks for every 100 hardcover prints sold
• Amazon’s hardcover sales begun over 15 years ago while they only started selling Kindle e-books forty-plus months ago; this means
today’s generation (the income-earning generation!) is yours to target!
Note: Amazon carefully notes, however, that their hardcover sales are still steadily increasing. It just so happens that Kindle sales are growing more quickly.